Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's my happy heart you'll hear; singing loud and singing clear...



That's him ladies and gentlemen! That's my man. Justin.

As of right now, it's 9:36 on Tuesday morning and I've just woken up (at his place) and I'm reflecting on what was, without a doubt, one of the best weekends of my life.

I really don't know where to start, so I figured that picture would be good. That's in my apartment before we left for the trip.

Yes, we're in black and white, but it's ok, once we clear out our debt, we'll be in color again! Just ask Maya, she did it! Lmao! (Sorry everyone, that's an inside joke haha!)

I think the thing that really rocked my world was that even before we got anywhere, I was having a great time. Just being in his presence makes me collapse inwardly to all things Hallmark. It's almost scary, but I enjoy it immensly.

A few days before our trip, he gave me our different route options on how we could get there. Did I want a scenic route? Did I want a shorter route? Well, of course, fat girl logic kicked in once he asked if I wanted the route that had Krispy Kreme's along the way. I mean c'mon people! You can't deny an original glazed donut!!

And if I seem like I'm gushing an awful lot, you have to remember that aside from having the rockiest track record with men since Elizabeth Taylor, I do tend to be a little picky (shut up David) and I can usually find flaws within everyone I meet. It's a quality that runs through my family tree! However, for the first time in a very long time, I don't have that "Oh he's really great...but..."

No. There is no 'but'. He's amazing. I summed it up one night to him when I told him that I would now have to change the "Who I'd Like To Meet" section on my MySpace page because I've already met him.

(PS: My answer to that is now Cher.)

Even in the silences in our car ride, I've never felt closer to someone. As he said to me as well "I don't feel weird with you ever." and it's so true! I'm comfortable and I feel safe. Everything else in the world turns off when I'm with him. Mountains become molehills and I'm 100% positive when I say this: I really think I've found the man I will spend the rest of my life with.

"So many guys have tried, they've tried to get into my eyes, but he's the only guy I see..."
- Kylie Minogue "Under The Influence Of Love"


Upon our arrival to the Village of Horseheads (Swear!), we checked into our room at the Holiday Inn, where according to the sign outside Jennifer and Kevin were getting married and probably honeymooning there as well.

Much to my dismay, I never got a chance to see Jennifer and Kevin (I'm sure they were beauts!) and I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the sign as well. Grrrrr!

With that we got our weekend underway...

Well, I won't bore you with all of the details (keep your eyes open for the upcoming scrapbook) but some of the highlights include but are not limited to:

Me (to gas station cashier Denise): So, um, where do you go to eat around here?
Denise (with her one tooth): McDonalds.

(Bear in mind that it was 8:45 on a Saturday night and they had already pulled the sidewalks in)

Staying up late to watch the Time Life Soft Rock collection, The Wine Trail (which could be a blog all on it's own--STELLAR!!), The Arnot Mall (When was the last time you saw a Bon-Ton AND a Jo-Ann's Fabrics in the mall!!??), The Treman Water Falls (stunning!), The Wal Mart hair salon (now we know who's responsible!), Common Ground (a gay bar in Ithaca--All Hail Janet/Gail!!!) and so much more...but it's hard to catalog every minute!



Suffice to say, I'm elated, overjoyed, enamored by all things Justin. He's my man and I will cut any bitch who tries to step to him!!

Thank you for letting me gush. You may now wipe down your computers :-D

Till Then,
John Michael




"Feeling more and more like I've never felt before. You have change my life so completely. Music fills my soul now. I've lost all control now. I'm not half, I'm whole now with your love..."
- Petula Clark "Happy Heart"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home