Friday, December 29, 2006

Listen to the song here in my heart...

Ok, so it's been awhile since I've updated (now you can stop yelling at me David) so here it goes. I'm gonna try and get everything out in one fell swoop!

Let's start with a "who's the guy in John's life this week" update lol

If all goes well though, this will last longer than most recent people I've gone on dates with.

Here's the stats:

Name: Anthony
Location: Westchester, NY
Job: Owns own cleaning company
Height: About 2-3 inches shorter than me (clocking in at almost 6 feet)
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black (starting to salt & pepper a lil)
Age: 38

How did this all come about you ask? Well, he's a friend of my friend Mike. They had come into Secrets (my Friday night gig) and I had noticed Anthony and was very briefly introduced to him but I was still wrapped up in some drama with Hector (scroll down) so I didn't really pay much attention to him.

A week would go by before I saw him again and this time it was at Hush (My other gig) but I wasn't working that night. Because of the amount of alcohol I had imbibed by this time I can't be quite sure how it all really came about (yes, he's at fault for the same thing lol). All I DO remember though is seeing him at the bar and talking to him. The next thing I know we were laughing then making out. So far so good lol.

And who says romance is dead? Hah!

Conversation and kissing kept up for the rest of the night and Anthony and Mike had a room at a nearby motel (read: crackhouse lol) and they had invited a few people to come back after the club had let out for a drink or two.

At first I said that I wasn't gonna stop by but then Sam and I had talked about it and went ahead with the idea. Long story short: More kissing. Got home at 6AM.

To be very honest, I never had expected anything to come out of it. While I'm not normally the kind of person to just hook up and never talk to the person again, this seemed like a drunk encounter and one of those "Mmmmhmmm yeah, I'll call you tomorrow..." kinda things.

I was wrong. (It does happen sometimes lolol)

He did in fact call and the conversation that followed was actually good. He was nice and intelligent and we made plans to hang out.

I won't go into every single detail, but I will say this: We've been out twice thus far and I really think that this has the possibility of going somewhere but I don't wanna jinx it.

I think the thing that's amazing me this time around is the amount of maturity I'm approaching this with. I know it seems silly but when you've dated as much as me it's easy to fall into bad dating habits and I think that has happened with me. I have the same conversations and ask the same questions over and over again like it was a job interview. This time it's different. Nothing is forced. It seems easier.

I'm also not the crazy, jealous, insecure person I used to be. Things don't bother or affect me like they used to and it's nice. There's so much less stress this way.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone, 2007 has the potential to be a good year.

And speaking of 2007, I can't believe that it's here already. 2006 for sure was the fastest year of my life. Everyone seems to be feeling the same way this year. I can only hope for the best though.

Christmas has just passed and it was a good one (as soon as all my presents arrive). Now since I have a nephew that's what it's all about. It amazes me how you can buy them all the toys in the world, but they'll play with something so irrelevant and simple. Ah well!

I'm DJing this New Years at Hush. This is what Im looking forward to the most right now. It's my first new years party and I think that it is going to be an amazing night. Almost all of my friends are coming to support me and it's wonderful! I really am lucky to have such a great network...

And on a completely separate note: Run, don't walk, to the nearest movie theatre to go see Dreamgirls! It is THE best movie of 2006 hands down! Possibly the best movie I've seen since Chicago. I saw it Christmas night and I think I'm gonna go again over the weekend.

I have to go get ready for work now (of course) so I will try to write more when I can, but till then, have a wonderful and safe new years and we'll be in touch! :-D

Till Then,
John Michael

"Listen to the song here in my heart. A melody I start but I will complete! Now I'm done believing you. You don't know what I'm feeling. I'm more than what you made of me. I followed the voice you think you gave to me. And now I've got to find my own...my own..."
- Beyonce "Listen" (from "Dreamgirls")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home