Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween With All The Trimmings


That was me. At least Last Saturday and last night. Don't believe me? I have the blisters on my feet to prove it. But what do I expect when I'm wearing 4 inch platform stilletto's??

Yes. I'm a big girl.

I feel like this year I looked like a cross between my sister and Carnie Wilson.

I also think this is my last year for this. It's time to retire those good ol heels. While Chris, my best friend and make-up artist gets more and more professional with his make-up, it seems to make me more and more tired every year.

Having done this TWICE in a matter of 5 days is a bit much.

How do these women do it every day? Today, I suggest you turn to the woman next to you, wink, smile and tell her you understand.

Saturday night was my friend Jessica's b-day at BLVD. Me, Chris and Marissa got all dolled up (me in drag, Chris as a Zombie and Marissa as Rosie The Riveter) and headed to the Bowery.

Traffic was REDICULOUS, but we braved the storm and made it to the club. After waiting an hour outside (and what is the point of buying tickets in advance if you have to wait an hour outside??) we went into an extremely packed house. It wasn't so bad because it was daylight savings time and we ended up getting that hour back but it was so crowded inside it was a little uncomfortable. Especially for 6 foot 6 drag queen in 4 inch spikes.

Aside from that, I will say that straight people just don't know how to have a good party. Love em to death and need em for survival, but they need to go to Party 101. All of them. But that's another blog for another day.

When in drag, I always meet interesting people and the night was filled with alot of picture taking and talking to many a girl who wanted to know how I was dealing with the shoes, the wig, the bra, all of it...

Having the place be so crowded made getting to the bar an experience. $50 later I was barely buzzed because the wait time in between killed my alcohol experience. But since it was for Jessica, it was good. She was having a good time and that's what mattered.

The rest of the weekend came and went which brought us to last night.

Halloween night and two more birthdays: Maria & Kim. Both girls I work with at the salon.

We had decided weeks ago to rent a Party Bus (FABULOUS!) and we were going to Webster Hall for their big blowout.

Now, I love Webster Hall and I haven't been there in awhile so I was all about it. We bought advance tickets once again ($80 for open bar ALL night AND admission) which wasn't so bad and we thought, foolishly, that we wouldn't have a problem getting in.

Having seen what went on at Blvd, I knew that this would be the same scenario but I didn't wanna bum anyone out.

We had a great time on the bus on the way there and when we got to the city, it was MOBBED. And even that feels like an understatement.

We got to Webster Hall and once again, the line was arouind the corner for people with tickets, but the line for general admission was maybe 50 people deep.

It was just about a 2 hour wait which none of us wanted to do. So majority ruled and we went to Strata a few blocks away. And yes, I want my $80 back.

Strata was alright and the music wasn't terrible although it was mainly hip hop but by this time I wanted to cut my feet off at the ankles and throw them out.

What really killed my feet was when I completely lost it and gave a mini-drag performance to Veronica's "Someone To Hold". The black girl who was next to me watching, taking pictures and hugging me and dancing with me kinda made it all worth while. I heart black women.

Me & Maria (dressed as Bat Girl) and her (amazingly hot) BF Jay (dressed as Batman...::drool::) left early and went back to the bus where Maria in a completely drunken state passed out.

I de-frocked.

By the time everyone got to the bus, I had ripped my nails off, took off my bra (it IS liberating), stripped the jewelry & clawed my shoes off.

We got back to Maria's house at who knows what time but I was in SOME state. I changed my outfit to be comfortable for the ride home so I drove home in a pair of sweats, a t-shirt, fur coat, full face of makeup and a wig.

I looked like Sporty Spice after a 3 day meth bender.

All in all it was ok but if I do decide to go out next year, I'm going in something comfortable and not to a straight party.

Sorry my fellow heteros! Love ya, but there's never a line at gay clubs and everyone is friendly on Halloween.

Till Then,
John Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home