Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm movin on up (to the Eltingville side)! (Part 2)

The painting is coming out great!! The baby blue walls are done and I started to do the darker blue. Today when I go there after work I'm gonna snap some photos...I keep forgetting to do it...

I love just being IN the room... Sitting there, staring at these four blank walls, it just feels like a clean start and that's what I think I need for 2007. It's something to look forward to and I haven't had that in a long time either.

True, I have basically no life right now. I couldn't even tell you the last time I really went out, but this is nice for now. I belong in this house. I know this...

Try to follow me here with an open mind.

Ever since I can remember, I've always had these odd dreams. They're never about anything life changing, per se', but in my dreams I'll see a situation; Usually in a place I don't know and surrounded by people I've never met, but nonetheless in my dream I know them.

Then, usually years and years later I find myself IN those situations. Some call is deja vu, but it's different. It's not just a feeling for me. I KNOW that I've seen it before.

And when it happens, it all clicks in my head and I watch the next few minutes pan out just like in my dream and then it's over. When it's over though I have goosebumps all over my body and I have a crazy amount of adrenaline going through my body.

It happened again yesterday.

I was in my room listening to music and taping the walls before I started painting and I had my beer sitting on the floor of the room. I was walking backwards and staring at the wall to see how it looked and I kicked my beer by accident and it spilled all over.

Here's where it clicked. So vividly I got down and started wiping it up and put the bottle on my window ledge. I saw it all happening in my mind second before I was doing it WHILE I was doing it. Like a movie inside a movie. It's hard to put into words and I wouldn't even know what to call it, but at that moment, when I realized that I've seen this place in my mind, I knew that I was meant to be there.

Corny as it sounds, it gave me a sense of hope because I knew that this was the right direction my life was going in. Just "as according to plan" I guess.

It got me thinking and I took a ride down to the Alba House on Victory Blvd. Do you know it? It's great. There's a shrine on the side where you can go and collect your thoughts, pray, or do whatever it is you wanna do.

The basis of it is in Catholicism I suppose, noted by Mary and all the Saints but I just found something kinda pan-spiritual about it. It's amazing how in such a quiet setting you can really hear all the thoughts going through your mind.

A moment of tranquility is needed now and then.

Unfortunately I have to go to work now so my moment of tranquility is over lol, but there will be more about this!

Till Then,
John Michael

2 Comments:

Blogger ryan charisma said...

So here is the trick question:

When is the housewarming party?

Can the theme be jockstraps & vodka?

9:23 AM  
Blogger DJ John Michael said...

As long as you bring vodka, you can wear any type of support you'd like...but it must be inspected personally!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home