Thursday, November 09, 2006

Medicare...and why it sucks (Part 1).

So I've just realized something that I'm sure the known world has known for a very long time.

Medicare blows.

As you may or may not know, I take my grandmother to physical therapy 3 times a week (soon to be one) and up until today, Medicare was footing the bill.

And why shouldn't they? My grandmother pays them over $400 a month for them to do it!

Today we were informed that Medicare ONLY pays for 14 visits PER YEAR! That's such BULL!!

When she first started physical therapy, she was going for a bad pain in her shoulder that was travelling through her neck and arm. After a few weeks, the pain went away and she was all back to new. Along the way though a pain sprouted in her foot and after they tried a coritzone shot (which didn't work), they sent her for more physical therapy.

Great!

It's actually been getting better but now Medicare won't cover it and to pay it out of pocket every visit is $50! That's $150 a week!!

So even if she was supposed to go 3 times a week all month, that's about $600 a month...ON TOP of the already $400 that's going to Medicare, who is no longer doing anything!!

That's absurd and I'm annoyed.

I have to call them and see what can be done because now, my grandmother will only be going ONCE a week and footing the bill each time.

This is unnacceptable.

There will be more on this issue!

Till Then,
John Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home