Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wine & Cheese & Wanda Skyes! Oh My!

My life has led me to alot of strange places with interesting people and sometimes even celebrities. During my 26 years on this earth, just to name a few, I've met RuPaul, Megan Mullally, Carmen Electra, Paris Hilton, John Stamos, Quentin Tarantino and even Yoko Ono!

However, last night was definitely a highlight for me.

My soon-to-be roomie Mary invited me to a birthday party in BK for her friend Kimmie. I asked if I was going to be the only man there in a room full of lesbians and she said yes, which automatically is my RSVP.

I heart lesbians.

Why? Well, for one thing, it's like travelling around with 20 moms all the time. They're so maternal and they seem to have this protective, pinch my cheek, kinda way about them and it's very comforting lol...

So Mary, Donna, Kachi & Me went to BK for this party which turned out to be a wine & cheese party. Unbeknownst to all of us, because Mary didn't read the full E-vite. That was fine with me as I love both wine & cheese and mix that with my unnatural love for lesbians and I was in heaven.

All of the girls there were SO nice and even though I was in my head singing "One of these things is not like the other one...which one doesn't belong...?", they were very welcoming and didn't mind that I was devouring their cheese at an alarmingly rapid rate.

Without trying to sound like a bad joke... So there I am in a room full of about 20 lesbians making myself a drink (Try: Grey Goose, Orange Juice & A splash of Grand Marnier) and my friend Donna says to me "Uh, Wanda Sykes is here."

"Huh?" I replied.

She said it again and I, of course, didn't believe her. So I stuck my head out from around the doorway and there was Wanda Sykes in the living room.

::sweating::

I heart Wanda Sykes also! And if you haven't seen her comedy special on HBO, Sick & Tired, go watch it now! It's hysterical!!

I won't go into why she was there, but she was there and that's all that mattered to me! lol

I acted natural and didn't really know what to do or say, when she came into the room and was introduced to me, I just said "Hey, I'm John...aka The Only Guy Here." and shook her hand and she said "Hi, I'm Wanda...and thanks for representing!" Haha!

As the night progressed and the alcohol started to kick in, I felt a little more relaxed and was mingling with all the girls and was watching Wanda out of the corner of my eye lol.

It's interesting to see famous people being so normal. Not that I don't expect them to be, but one minute she's in Monster In Law with Jane Fonda and J-Lo and the next minute she's asking me to get her a glass of wine in Brooklyn.

????

So yes, I poured Wanda a drink while I was making mine and we even chatted for a bit...SO sweet!

I of course couldn't resist taking a picture with her, which I only had my camera phone and it didn't come out good, but there's a better one of Mary, Wanda and Me that we took for our wall in the new house.

All in all it was a great night!! Who knew??

Till Then,
John Michael

2 Comments:

Blogger ryan charisma said...

I have a question...

You danced around the obvious questions.

"Is Wanda a lesbian? Was she dating some lady at the party?"

8:01 AM  
Blogger CawfeeGuy said...

where was my 2am drunken phone call: "David...ahm at a lesbian cheese party...wanda sykes is here...she's so SHORT..."?

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home