Friday, November 10, 2006

Save A Place On The Dancefloor For Me...

I miss DJing... Alot.

Don't get me wrong. I still do DJ every Friday night in Brooklyn, but it's not the same. I realize that I don't have the time right now to devote to doing it like I used to (hell, I can't even manage an interesting social life right now) but it's something I think about all the time.

What I do in Brooklyn is very different than what I would do at any other club. There's a big difference between bar music and club music.

According to the owner's of my bar, they're looking for a bigger place in BK to open a real club. It's something that BK needs since the closing of Spectrums 2 years ago, and something that no one has tried to corner the market on since.

I'm biding my time in hopes that when they DO buy a club that I'll be able to have a Sat night residency and get things going like Specs did. It would allow me to play more of the music I wanna hear and gain a crowd or following like I used to have.

I feel like I have SO much good music, but at a bar I'm stuck into playing things like Cascada, and Sean Paul (::shudder::) and other mainstream type music.

I'm a circuit DJ trapped in the situation of a pop DJ.

But the money is good... I feel like I sold out in a matter of speaking.

I do every friday night what I said I would never do.

One day...I know...I will be able to get back a little of what I used to do. Right now it's just not in the cards...

Till Then,
John Michael

"I can still remember the tears, the joy, the laughter. They are still in my mind. Just like each day brings the sunshine. And we just linger on, long after you've been gone. Bring me back to the place where we were one. Save a place on the dancefloor for me. Moments etched in my memory of times we shared, how much I cared for you. I'll never ever forget..."
- Dawn Tallman "Save A Place On The Dancefloor For Me"

1 Comments:

Blogger ryan charisma said...

I loves DJs.

You just keep spinning and throw in a slammin' dance song for yourself.

Sean Paul will wait.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home