Friday, September 08, 2006

Dry your eyes and testify...

I feel like 9 times out of 10 when I am writing a blog, it's usually dealing with one of two subject matters: Men and Music.

This doesn't mean that I'm obsessed just more that this is just most of what goes on in my life.

So be it. Here's another story. Tell me if you get it.

Picture It. Coloseeum Nightclub in Sayerville, NJ. Last Tuesday.

Me and Sam go there to hang out and see the drag show hosted by Princess Janae (and does anyone ever tire of seeing her??). Every thing is going well and we're having a great time. I actually spent a good majority of my night talking to this guy Ron and his friend _______ (I can't recall his name but I remember he had laryngitis) about Diva's of pop music.

Do you see the Men and Music connection now? lol

Next thing I know Sam grabs me and says "Hey, this guy is gonna buy us shots!"

Well, you only have to say Free Alcohol once and we were both there.

Ugh. Tequila shots.

I recognize one of the guys as the manager of one of our dinner chain restaurants. Now keep in mind I was attracted to him when I had first seen him at work and now I actually was going to get the chance to engage him in convo.

We start talking and the conversation moves quickly and smoothly. I'm really enjoying his company by the time it's last call and it's time to go.

We make our way to our cars (conveniently parked next to one another) and he asks me when I'm going to stop in to his restaurant. I said I would try sometime later this week but that I was working so I didn't know when.

Him: Can I get your number?
Me: Sure. ***-***-****
His Friend (in the passenger seat): Do you guys wanna come back to our place for a bit? We live about 5 minutes from here.
Me: ::look at Sam:: Wanna?
Sam: Sure!
Me: Ok, we'll follow you.

We do.

We get inside and we part ways. Sam to chat it up with his friend and me and my guy talking in the living room.

Did I mention he's British? Yeah. Loving the accent.

So we're watching AbFab (naturally) and again, I'm really enjoying his company. The convo continues and then after some time Sam and his friend reappear and it's time to go.

Me: Well, it was nice. I guess I'll ttyl!
Him: Yeah absolutely.

We kiss.

While on the ride home, the following text conversation. Some of this may be paraphrased.

Me: Just wanted to say again that I had a really nice time with you tonight. I'll give you a call tomorrow.
Him: Me too. Really pleasant company although I wish you would've kissed me earlier lol.
Me: Well, I wasn't too sure what you were thinking and it's not my nature to attack people lol. Now that I know, hopefully I'll be able to get a chance again.
Him: That would be absolutely fabulous.

Cute.

Next Day.

I call around 2 when I get to work: "Hey, it's John. Just wanted to see what was going on. I just got to work but gimme a call when you get a chance."

I get out of work and I decide to meet up with my friend to get a drink in the city.

Somewhere around 9:00 while driving I get a text thats says: "Hey john, Im sorry I didn't call you earlier but I slept really late today."

Alright.

I said that it was fine but that I was goin out and my phone was dying (it was) and would he be up late so I could call him later? He said that he would be and that it was fine. Have fun and I'll ttyl!

So I go out and have a fun night and somewhere around 1 AM I come home, having charged my phone in my friends car, and I text him to see if he's still up. I figured it's 1 AM and it's possible I might've missed him.

I text. No reply. I wait till I get home (about 30 min later) and now I'm guessing he is sleeping so I text again: "Guess not lol. Im goin to bed. Give me a call tomorrow."

The next day.

I wake up in the morning, no texts back. No call. No biggie, really.

I get up and I go to work and go about my normal day. Later on in the day I knew I was going by a friends house to sort out some problems we had been having so my night was pretty much planned out. I also figured that this would be the last time I would try to get in touch with him. As it was, I felt like I was trying too hard for someone who seemed so interested at first.

After work (around 10:00) I called again. He was on the other line cause I heard the beeping noise when I called.

Left another voicemail: "Hey it's John! Just wanted to see what was up. Gimme a call if you get a chance."

Somewhere around 12:30:

(Texted)
Him: Hey. You up?
Me: Yup yup.
Him: What you doin?
Me: At a friends house watching Prison Break. You?
Him: Just lying in bed watching Family Guy.
Me: Can you talk?
Him: yes why?
Me: I mean, on the phone?
Him: Yes, im alone as always. I can talk.

So I call him.

The conversation that followed was strange and almost drawn out. There were alot of long pauses and alot of me saying "Hello...?"

So now, I'm pretty much guessing that he's not as interested as he seemed.

So I start to prod him a little to figure out exactly what's going on. You're either wasting my time here or something serious has happened.

He tells me that he's been in a mood all day because he just stopped talking to one of his "friends". He tells me who it is and it's someone I know but I myself am not too fond of. Being that it's not my place to say anything and he seems upset, I just try to sympathize. I told him that if he didn't wanna talk about it, we didn't have to.

Now, at this point I'm guessing that his "friend" and him were a little more than friends. I'm hoping he doesn't take me for a fool, so I called him out on it.

I asked him if this person and him were dating or hooking up or something because of how upset he is. I was answered with a little bit of silence and an aversion: "Needless to say...we're not talking anymore..."

I thought so.

Basically by now, I'm pretty resigned of the whole thing and I'm shrugging my shoulders.

But I trudge on with the conversation.

I even go as far to see if he still wanted to meet up maybe for drinks or conversation. You know me, I can never have too many friends lol.

He says that he's working till midnight tomorrow (last night) and I asked if maybe after that he wanted to grab a drink or something.

Him: At midnight? Isn't that a little late?
Me: Well, I'm used to crazy hours between DJing and whatnot and also just because I'm a night person. I don't usually work till 2:00 so I sleep in anyway.
Him: Well, I'll be coming home from work at that time.
Me: Ok, do you want me to come by your house or do you wanna go out? Stay in? Whatever...It's cool...
Him: You wanna come by my house?
Me: If it's easier...?
Him: ::silence::...Ya know, i'm not that kinda guy.
Me: ::stunned silence::...What kinda guy are you talking about?
Him: I don't just invite guys to my house and stuff.

That statement feels weird because the first night I met him that's exactly what he did. But I digress and let it slide.

Me: Please don't misunderstand. I'm not coming over to sleep with you. That is hardly on my agenda. At the very most you'll get some kisses out of the whole thing but I'm not coming by to sleep with you OR spend the night. That may be how alot of guys work but I'm not one of them.
Him: Well, that makes me feel a little more comfortable.
Me: Ok and honestly, if you don't wanna meet up, we don't have to. I feel like I'm forcing you to do something you don't actually wanna do.
Him: If there's one thing you should know about me, I don't do anything I don't wanna do.
Me: Ok, so I guess that's a good thing...so what DO you wanna do?
Him: There's a bar on Staten Island I go to to get some drinks after work called The Clubhouse.
Me: ::hysterical laughter::
Him: Why is that funny?
Me: You know the hair salon next door?
Him: Yeah.
Me: That's where I work.
Him: Get out!
Me: Yeah.

Now keep in mind that this is one of those neighborhood bars that has people walking in and out of it (drunk) at 2 in the afternoon. It's like a glorified frat house and the clientele are, how can I put it? , not the classiest of people.

Even still, I agreed to meet him but I ended the phone call because I was still at my friends house and being really rude.

He told me to call him tomorrow (yesterday) so we could figure everything out for tomorrow night (last night).

Fine.

By this point, I'm slowly losing interest because I feel like there's just alot of strangeness surrounding the situation.

I call around 12:00 in the afternoon because we both had work at 2. No answer. I leave another voicemail.

Somewhere around 10:30 at night I get a text: "Hey John. How are you? We are going to have to make it another night. I've come down with a cold. Sorry."

.......

Right. And just like that, I'm over it.

I reply "It's all good! Feel better! Call me whenever!"

::rolls eyes::

What I don't get is, why go through all that trouble and stuff. Be straight up! Tell me what's going on. Why lead someone on?

Ah well. Like my friend David said, "You don't owe each other anything at this point", which is true but it's just all so strange to me.

Such is life.

Next!

"It's true. We're all a little insane. But it's oh so clear now that I am unchained..."
- Evanescence "Sweet Sacrifice"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home